My lovely friends, thank you xx

Saturday 24 September 2011

Do Some Recycling - CES DT

Morning

Oh such a long week it was but never mind the weekend is here and I believe we are going to have lots of sunshine, Yippee!!

Ok so over at CES this week Sheena has chosen the theme of Recycling! 

Be sure to play along to be in with a chance of a spend at Crafty Emma's Store, all details on the challenge post here along with the gorgeous DT Samples, go check em out!!

So have to say bit dissapointed with my card in the end, didn't quite get the proportions right for some reason but never mind, might try this sketch again coz I think its fab.  Anyway my recycled items is a cereal box for matting which I stained with TH Vintage Photo distress Ink, not very original I know LOL

I'm off to blitz the house and then I need to get some cards made, got my DT ones to do but also got a 50th and 18th looming.


                                        


 
And here is the card

Ingredients
Stamp - Mikey
Colouring medium - Copics
Papers - Basic Grey Oxford - Crafty Emma's Store
Cereal box for matting
Punches - MS ZigZag
Card Candi - Crafty Emma's Store
TH Distress Ink - Vintage photo

Entering Into
Cute Card Thursday - Mindy's yummy Sketch
Digital Tuesday - People Images plus digi element (image)
The Crazy Challenge - Men Only

Thanks for poppin in
Karen xx

16 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab card, love the colours & your recycle item would never have thought to do that! DOH!!! lol
have a great weekend
hugs shell xx

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow what a super card ... and I am really not sure why you are not pleased with it ... lol ... love the image happy crafting and love sandy xx ... ps just doing a bit of blog hopping

Cazza said...

This is FAB Karen!! Recycle challenges are so hard aren't they and I never know what to recycle!! You've done a brilliant job hon, love the DP's too and amazing colouring :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Deb said...

wow, fantastic recycling, love that this card was once a box, fabulous image too!
many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a great weekend!
happy crafting, Debxx

Crafty Loops said...

Karen it doesnt seem to me that there is any problem with proportions on this card. It looks perfect to me. And what a great recycling tip. Lee x (Ps I have a big blog candy give away on my blog if you fancy a wee peep) xx

Unknown said...

really fab card hun.. xx

coops said...

brilliant male card karen.the recycling is fab and i love the fab image and colours :D

xx coops xx

Vicky said...

Oh it's brill Karen....love the image and super dp's too hun....

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

Wendy said...

Fantastic recycling Karen,your card is fab.

Wendy xx

Michele and Josee' said...

Great card! I am always stumped when it comes to cards for men! This is awesome! And the recycling is awesome!
Jamcrafts4u.blogspot.com

Donna said...

You've no reason to be disappointed with this card Karen, it's the perfect male card and the papers and image co-ordinate perfectly :) Donna ♥ x

Lisa Cornwall said...

saw this over on CES and thought it was fab there. brilliant use of the cereal box. love the distressing. great card x

Jennifer said...

Love it Karen! Great how you showed us how it started it's life. Great idea! x Jenny xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a great way to use an old cereal box. I would never have thought of this.
The proportions look fine to me, hun and your colouring is fab.
Caroline xxx

Natascha said...

Lovely creation! So cute and matching, lovely colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday. Good luck!

Hugs, Natascha

Julie said...

Love your card Karen!! Beautiful layout and great colours! Love the image too - looks perfect to me! Juliexx